15 - 20 mins until you're eating
Feeds 4 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 whole star anise
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Massaman curry paste
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely sliced
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks (you can also use lamb)
- 2 cups (500mls) coconut milk
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup F. Whitlock & Sons Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Coriander leaves to garnish and rice to serve
Get down to business:
- Put rice on to cook, and par-boil potatoes – fancy word for boiling potatoes in water until they are almost cooked.
- In the meantime heat a wok over medium-high heat, add cinnamon and star anise and heat until fragrant. Add oil and curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Chuck in the chicken and toss to combine.
- Add coconut milk, potatoes, peanut satay sauce, fish sauce, tamarind puree and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve garnished with coriander leaves and rice, Yum!