30 mins until you're eating
Feeds 4 hungry mouths
You will need:
- F. Whitlock & Sons Killer Sauce for Roast Chook
- 1 ½ cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 2 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 750g boneless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup Paella or Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley, extra leaves to garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
Get down to business:
- Combine roast chook killer sauce and stock in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- Heat a large frying pan or paella pan over high heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Some might get unfortunately eaten at this point. Add half the chicken to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add onion and capsicum to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomatoes, stirring, for 1 minute. Return chorizo and chicken and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the rice and pour over the Killer Sauce mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is almost absorbed. Scatter the peas and parsley over the rice and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with extra parsley leaves. Serve with lemon wedges and demolish.