1 hour until you're eating
Feeds 6 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra, to brush
- 500g minced beef
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp F. Whitlock & Sons Tomato Chutney
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 6 frankfurters
- 6 hot dog buns split
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Get down to business:
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add beef and cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add spices, onion and garlic, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add tomato chutney, stir for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre- heat a char- grill pan over medium heat. Split hot dogs lengthwise, not quite cutting all the way through, then brush cut surface lightly with extra oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred and warmed through.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Spoon over chilli, sour cream, extra tomato chutney and coriander.