Why choose between Mexican or Lasagne when you can have both? Don’t worry you can thank us later.20 mins Prep
1 hour until you're eating
Feeds 6 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g pouch Whitlock’s Killer Sauce for Tex Mex Chilli
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 30g butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups low fat milk
- 1 ¼ cup grated low fat cheese
- 6 large instant lasagne sheets
Get down to business:
- Heat a dash of oil in a pan. Add beef mince and cook over a high heat to brown the meat, breaking the mince up with a fork if necessary. Add the garlic and stir through the mince.
- Pour over Whitlock’s Killer Sauce for Tex Mex Chilli add the drained black beans. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking add frozen corn kernels.
- Set aside while preparing the cheese sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and continue cooking until flour bubbles. Remove from the heat. Whisk in milk until sauce is smooth. Return the sauce to the stove and continue stirring and cooking until sauce comes to the boil. Reduce heat and cook a further 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan assisted). To assemble the lasagne, lightly grease a lasagne style dish (2 Litre capacity). Place a single layer of lasagne sheets on the bottom of the dish. Spoon over half the meat sauce. Top sauce with pasta sheets. Repeat the layer ending with the pasta sheets. Pour over cheese sauce and scatter over remaining ¼ cup grated cheese. Cook lasagne for 25-30 minutes until top is golden and pasta cooked. Serve with a fresh green salad on the side.
- Replace the beef mince with chicken or pork mince if wished.
- Replace black beans with canned and drained red kidney beans or lentils.