45 mins until you're eating
Feeds 4 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 750g floury potatoes*, washed, dried and cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 250ml bottle F. Whitlock & Sons Smokehouse Tomato Chutney Sauce
Get down to business:
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Put potato wedges into a bowl. Toss through olive oil and salt. Transfer to a baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until wedges are golden and cooked.
- While the wedges are cooking prepare the smashed avocado. Mash the avocado flesh with a fork. Mix through lemon juice and season with black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy.
- Once wedges are cooked. Chuck over the grated cheese. Return to the oven until cheese has melted. Transfer to a serving dish, or save a dish and serve in the same tray. Pour over F. Whitlock & Sons Smokehouse Tomato Chutney Sauce. Top with crispy bacon and a ton of smashed avocado.
- Replace the bacon with chopped chorizo if wished
- Floury potatoes – Agria, Red Rascal, Ilam Hardy. These are excellent for roasting as they are low in water content but high in starch and have a fluffy texture.
- Replace the smashed avocado with sour cream
- To make drunken loaded wedges stir a splash of bourbon or tequilla into the sauce before pouring over the wedges