3 hours until you're eating
Feeds 5 - 8 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 750g piece of pork rind removed (shoulder or neck)
- 1 brown onion sliced
- Whitlock & Sons Pulled Pork Killer Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g macaroni
- 3 cups milk
- 125ml thickened cream
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken liquid stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Get down to business:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced
- Brown porky in a little oil in a hot frying pan.
- Bang it in a casserole dish with the killer sauce and sliced brown onion and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 ½ hours or until tender. Take the meat out and place on a board. Keep the sauce aside.
- Shred the pork apart, with two forks macerating it (here’s where you really show it who’s boss). Add the meat back into the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the pasta, milk, cream, stock and garlic. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir for 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the sauce thickens. Stir in the cheddar and parmesan. Season.
- Top pasta with pulled pork and garnish with chopped parsley for greens.