20 mins until you're eating
Feeds 6 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 750g beef mince
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tbsp F. Whitlock & SonsPeanut Satay Sauce, extra to serve
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 x 380g Raw Sauerkraut Ruby Perfection
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns, halved
Get down to business:
- Chuck the beef mince, onion, peanut satay sauce, mixed herbs, garlic powder, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until evenly combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Use your hands to shape each portion into a patty about 1.5cm thick. Place patties in a single layer on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat up drained sauerkraut over medium-low heat for approx. 5 – 7 min. Cover and remove from heat.
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat for approx. 1 – 2 min. per side until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat (or fire up the barbie). Add the patties and cook for 5-8 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer patties to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to keep warm.
- Pre-heat grill on high. Place the hamburger buns, cut side up, under preheated grill and toast for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- To serve, top the bottom halves of the toasted hamburger buns with half the sauerkraut, followed by patties, extra satay sauce and bacon then remaining sauerkraut. Cover with the hamburger tops.