20 mins until you're eating
Feeds 6 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 450g lean beef mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- ½ x 250ml bottle F. Whitlock & Sons Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 brioche buns
Get down to business:
- Heat a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan. Add onion, garlic and capsicums and stir-fry over a medium heat until onion softens. Increase heat and add the mince and brown, breaking up the mince with a fork if necessary.
- Add chopped tomatoes and F. Whitlock & Sons Chipotle BBQ Sauce. Stir. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce is thick.* Scatter over grated cheese. Place the lid on the pan and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes, to allow the cheese to melt.
- Cut burger buns in half. Brush with a little oil and place under the grill to toast.
- Spoon over the sloppy Jo sauce and top with bun top.
- The sauce should be nice and thick but not dry – as the name suggests ‘sloppy’ consistency.
- Replace beef mince with pork mince.
- Add some sliced Jalapenos for a real spicy kick.
- Serve over baked potatoes.
- Reduce mince to 300g. Add a 400g can Red kidney beans. Serve over nacho chips.