Hearty. Meaty. Tomatoey. It surely doesn’t get any better than this on a cold winter’s night.10 mins Prep
2 - 2 1/2 hours until you're eating
Feeds 4 - 5 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g stewing beef (blade or chuck), cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp ground paprika
- 500g Whitlock’s Killer Sauce for Lamb Casserole
- Fat reduced sour cream, optional
Get down to business:
- Preheat oven to 150°C (fan assisted). Heat a dash of oil in a flame proof casserole. Add onions and garlic and cook over a medium low heat until onion softens. Increase the heat and add diced beef. Cook until it browns.
- Add tomato paste and ground paprika. Stir to coat the meat. Pour over Whitlock’s Killer Sauce for Lamb Casserole. Stir while bringing to the boil. Cover. Transfer casserole to the oven. Cook for 2-2 ½ hours until meat is tender.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream if wished. Accompany with creamy mashed potato and your favourite green vegetable.