10 mins until you're eating
Feeds 4 hungry mouths
You will need:
- 2 cups sushi rice, rinsed
- 2 tbsp sushi seasoning or garlic herb seasoning
- 500g sashimi-grade tuna steaks, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs F. Whitlock & Sons Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp F. Whitlock & Sons Hot Mexican Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tsps rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 large cucumber sliced in thin ribbons and rolled loosely
- Pickled ginger and shredded seasoned nori to serve (optional)
Get down to business:
- Cook rice according to packet directions. Stir in sushi seasoning.
- Meanwhile, mix tuna, shallots, ginger, soy sauce, hot chilli sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sesame seeds and chili flakes in a ceramic bowl. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Divide the rice among bowls. Top with tuna mixture and avocado and rolled cucumber. Serve with pickled ginger and seasoned nori. Cooking without really cooking!